Job Posting – High Performance Director
Application Deadline: February 11, 2022
Position: High Performance Director
Description: The Canadian Blind Sports Association governs the sport of Goalball in Canada. Goalball is a team sport, played by athletes who are blind. Canada has previously enjoyed success in goalball at the Paralympic level. We are seeking a dynamic and committed High Performance Director to lead our National Team Programs.
Responsibilities – oversee both women’s and men’s High Performance (HP) Goalball Programs, including but not limited to:
- Design, manage, supervise and evaluate the National Team Programs from a strategic – quadrennial, operational – annual, and risk management perspective.
- Contribute to the development of, and be aligned with the organization’s overall strategic plan – from a HP perspective
- Review, modify and keep up to date the Gold Medal Profile and Winning Style of Play for each program
- Develop and support the goalball athlete development pathway for junior and developing athletes to feed the High Performance Pathway.
- Supervise, manage, lead, and evaluate all Program staff and support services
- Identify, secure and evaluate sport science, sport medicine, and other supports for the National Team Programs
- Administer the Athlete Assistance Program, anti-doping program, and Classification Program, including ensuring compliance with the overarching policies and codes in effect
- Operate the programs based on ethical and safe sport principles, practices and policies
- Lead a robust debriefing process including quadrennial, annual, and targeted event debriefs.
- Ensure SafeSport protocols are implemented, staff and athletes have awareness and are in compliance
Leading into the Paris 2024 Paralympic Games, we are seeking a full time HPD to plan and deliver both the men’s and women’s goalball programs.
Weekend, evening, and travel availability (domestic and international) will be required for program and event attendance.
Required: High Performance Experience, valid passport, eligible to work in Canada. Able to travel within Canada and internationally.
Preferred: University degree in Kinesiology or a field related to sport science, experience in High Performance Planning and sport administration. Experience as an athlete or coach, team sport experience, ability to work effectively in both of Canada’s official languages, experience with goalball, and an understanding of issues affecting athletes who are visually impaired will be considered an asset.
Type of Position: Full Time through to November 30, 2024. Consideration may be given to further involvement as HPD with the program after this date.
Jane D. Blaine
Phone: 1 604 419-0480
Fax: 1 604 419-0481
Canadian Blind Sports Association
606 – 4980 Kingsway
This position is made possible with financial support from the Government of Canada.