We are seeking a dynamic and committed High Performance Director to lead our National Team Programs.
Application Deadline: January 31 2020
Position: High Performance Director
Description: The Canadian Blind Sports Association governs the sport of Goalball in Canada. Goalball is a team sport, played by athletes who are blind. Canada has previously enjoyed success in goalball at the Paralympic level. The Canadian Women’s team has unofficially qualified to compete at the 2020 Paralympic Games in Tokyo. We are seeking a dynamic and committed High Performance Director to lead our National Team Programs, including leading the Women’s program through the Paralympic Games.
Responsibilities – oversee both women’s and men’s High Performance (HP) Goalball Programs, including but not limited to:
- Design, manage, supervise and evaluate the National Team Programs from a strategic – quadrennial, operational – annual, and risk management perspective.
- Contribute to the development of, and be aligned with the organization’s overall strategic plan – from a HP perspective
- Review, modify and update the Gold Medal Profile and Winning Style of Play for each program
- Supervise, manage, evaluate all Program staff
- Identify, secure and evaluate sport science, sport medicine, and other supports for the National Team Programs
- Administer the Athlete Assistance Program, anti-doping program, and Classification Program, including ensuring compliance with the overarching policies and codes in effect
- Operate the programs based on ethical and safe sport principles, practices and policies
- Lead debriefing of the women’s performance at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games
Leading into the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games, we are seeking a three-quarter time HPD to deliver the women’s team to the Paralympic Games in August 2020. Consideration may be given to a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and availability in determining the time commitment.
Weekend, evening, and travel availability will be required for program and event attendance.
Required: High Performance Experience, valid passport, eligible to work in Canada.
Preferred: University degree in Kinesiology or a field related to sport science, experience in sport administration and High Performance Planning. Experience as an athlete or coach, team sport experience, ability to work effectively in both of Canada’s official languages, experience with goalball, and an understanding of issues affecting athletes who are visually impaired will be considered an asset.
Type of Position: Contract through to November 30 2020. Consideration may be given to further involvement as HPD with the program after this date.
Jane D. Blaine
Canadian Blind Sports Association
175 – 5055 Joyce Street, Vancouver BC firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 1 604 419-0480
Fax: 1 604 419-0481
This position is made possible with financial support from the Government of Canada.
Download the Job Posting (.pdf)